Tuesday 1 January 2013

NYE Weddings - Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you welcomed in 2013 with fun, frivolity and a bit of silly dancing.

I can't be the only one who rocked this move surely? Anybody?!
A discussion about New Year's Eve weddings had popped up on my Twitter feed and it got me thinking. Would this be something that Mr. Ree and I would consider? I've weighed up the pros and cons in my mind and have drawn up a list:
Pros for a NYE wedding
  • Guaranteed party atmosphere - who doesn't feel like celebrating on NYE?
  • Instant theme
  • Difficult anniversary to forget
Cons for a NYE wedding
  • Drop-off rate for guests - let's face it, people make plans for NYE. Be it heading out or staying in, you're asking a lot of your guests which brings me to my next point..
  • Would have to give guests plenty of notice
  • Venue availability issues - Venues tend to book up early for NYE, which can cause prices to increase, tread carefully!
Although these would be awesome for a NYE photobooth!

Late December is full of family related festivities between Christmas and New Years. It's often a time of year when money is tight. Presents have been bought, wrapped and exchanged, and it doesn't come cheap! It can put unwanted financial strain on people, not just for a gift but if they plan to stay in the same venue as the wedding. Prices can fluctuate depending on dates, so any wedding day can often be an expensive day out, depending if it falls on a popular date.

Ultimately this wouldn't be something that we would consider. But others would and obviously do. I've yet to be invited to a New Year's wedding, but if I ever am, hopefully I'll be given plenty of notice to shake my tail feathers!

2 comments:

  1. Excited to read your wedding blog Lisa! One of my fave blogs, A Cup of Jo, sometimes has cute wedding posts and ideas :) http://joannagoddard.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a mill Laura! Will definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete